Note: I wrote this last summer and didn't get pictures that I liked for it, so I took a bunch on the mannequin since none of them fit me right now. I gave the purple one mentioned away, so there's no picture of it.
I have wanted this pattern since the first time I saw it. I held off buying it because I have a lot of other patterns I want to make, but when it went on sale late last year I finally decided to purchase it. I have a lot of versions that I want to make, and first up is a beautiful purple discount fabric.
Firstly, my first version doesn't actually fit me. It's my own fault - I should have measured myself more recently to ensure I got the right size, but what's done is done. It does fit the dress form very nicely. I picked up this lovely crepe-like purple fabric for $4/m, and am a little sad that I didn't get a garment I can wear out of it. The whole pattern came together beautifully, and I love how it looks. I thought about buying the same fabric to make a size up, but then I came across another lovely fabric that I liked just as much to use.
Version #2 is also from the discount fabric sections. It's a beautiful teal colour with a lovely drape, and it is surprisingly soft. This was measured at the right size for my bust, but it still doesn't fit super well. I can make it work if I wear the right bra, but I might just give it away. A little background: I have been boxing a few times a week since October (I wrote this last June), and have put on some muscle in my chest, shoulders and back. As a result, some clothing is fitting very poorly. In this case, the bust is the right size, but it's too tight on my chest above my bust. As a result, for my next one, I sized up to a 12 for the straps and above the bust, sized down to a 10 for the bust, and an 8 for the waist.
Version #3 I wanted to make from some leftover gold fabric from an earlier project, but I didn't have enough left for a full cami out of it. I barely squeezed the front piece and straps out of it, made the back and back lining out of some leftover teal fabric, then used leftover purple fabric for the front lining. I accidentally made the straps a bit too long, meaning it's a little more low-cut than I am comfortable with, so it's good for New Years Even or date nights, just not necessarily church (which is where I debuted it, oops). I have gotten a lot of compliments on this shirt already, from the one Sunday I wore it, and it fits!
Version #4 is the fit that I am using going forward, and cranked out in a couple of hours. I love the graphic red print, the length, the drape, everything. This is also from the discount fabric bin, and I have no idea what kind of fabric it is, but it feels lovely and soft. I was clearly in a super red mood when I bought this fabric because I also bought a wine-coloured fabric for another Ogden (pictured further above), and a red jersey and matching lace for a dress (which I used to make a Charleston dress to wear to my sister-in-law's wedding).
: Ogden Cami by True Bias
: All sorts of discount wovens - no more than $4/m
: Size 12 straps and upper bust, size 10 bust, size 8 waist, added 1.5 inches in length
: I love the technique used for attaching the straps! I want to try a future iteration with tied straps at the shoulders, and a dress version.